Old 05-02-2005, 07:55 PM
KevinH

"dalecochoy" wrote in message
news:075801c50bb1$aa746980$0430fea9@dalespc...
From: "KevinH"

A buddy of mine joined the club a year ago and his
collection has quadrupled.

Kevin said:
This is not my aim. I hope to have 5 or 6 nice
specimens into old age.
Kevin

Ha! Ha!
I'm sorry Kevin, this made me chuckle! :)
You might as well start building more benches right now :)
You'll see what I mean after your first meeting ( or show)
Dale

I'm planning the trip to the World Bonsai Conference in D.C. and now have
this strong sense of foreboding. Thanks, Dale! :-)

But I'm curious... when does a hobby, even a very serious hobby, turn into a
part time job? Honestly, I read some of the posters here and stories of
elaborate water drip systems, vacation hell (or no vacations at all),
thefts, losses from all directions, gardens, garages, and porches brimming
with bonsai, and a lump forms in my throat. Will I get to the point where I
have to prune and wire my collection and think "well, there goes the week!"
Is there anything I can do to escape this?

What did you start with and at what rate did you acquire new material? How
many do you have now? If I get the bonsai bug bad, is there a 12-step
program to help me or am I doomed?

Kevin
+++
A path is made by walking. - Chuang Tsu