Old 05-02-2005, 05:26 PM
Jerry Donovan

I have a related question about the need for holes in the ice.

If your method of keeping a hole in the ice fails, how quickly
does a hole need to be re-established?

I realize that the amount of vegitation in the pond might make
a difference, but if the water is near freezing, doesn't the vegitation
decay slow down significantly?

Has anyone lost fish after just a day or two? How about a week or so?

I'm just curious about this. My pond (north of Denver) is ice free at
the moment, which is a little bit usual for this time of year. The bubler
has been doing fine any.

Jerry

"Don Cunningham" wrote in message
I use a stock tank heater to maintain a hole in the ice on my pond. My
question is how large a hole is required?
I have a 1200 gallon pond. My heater is 1000 watts and keeps about a four
inch hole in the ice.

don cunningham