Old 05-02-2005, 09:07 PM
blackorchid blackorchid is offline
Registered User

Location: Plymouth, England
Default Growing pepper from peppercorns??

Hia, I'm doing a reserch project on black pepper (Piper nigrum) for my uni course. i was just wondering whether anyone has ever germinated peppercorms? i know in commercial cultivation the plants are grown from fresh seed, but can they survive dessication, being shipped half-way around the world and sitting on supermarket shelves for months? I have just planted some, and will let you know how they do (if there is any interest) but i doubt that they will be growing before my deadline... any comments welcome! Thanks, Alex