Old 05-02-2005, 11:45 PM
Ozdude

"steve" wrote in message
ups.com...
Wow, lots of stuff. Can I paraphrase for my benefit?

Is that about it? It's taken me quite a while to really understand all
the variables. I had to find my niche, where I was with my tanks, and
what method was going to work for me. A combo of high fish load, high
light levels and sparse plants with minimal water changes did NOT work!

Well the sooner my new plants arrive then the better I don't have a high
fish load, but I don't have masses of plants. Neither do I have over
lighting, but I do inject CO2 (15ppm). I fertilise with 50% recommended
doses twice daily, but I am also battling brown gunk all over (diatoms?).

I should also add that getting the fish feeding in balance is also
important. It seems to me excess food is a major cause of chemical imbalance
in a planted tank (phosphates I think).

Oz

--
My Aquatic web Blog is at http://members.optusnet.com.au/ivan.smith