Old 05-02-2005, 08:26 PM
Kitsune Miko

We do have a tendancy to over indulge in tree
aquisition. Some helps rests in picking a specialty,
or limit yourself to local plants. Now that I am
retired I have the time to take care of my 300+ plants
in various stages. I just put up several flats of
cuttings.

Kits
--- KevinH wrote:

"dalecochoy" wrote in
message
From: "KevinH"

A buddy of mine joined the club a year ago and

his
collection has quadrupled.

Kevin said:
This is not my aim. I hope to have 5 or 6 nice
specimens into old age.
Kevin

Ha! Ha!
I'm sorry Kevin, this made me chuckle! :)
You might as well start building more benches

right now :)
You'll see what I mean after your first meeting (

or show)
Dale

I'm planning the trip to the World Bonsai Conference
in D.C. and now have
this strong sense of foreboding. Thanks, Dale! :-)

But I'm curious... when does a hobby, even a very
serious hobby, turn into a
part time job? Honestly, I read some of the posters
here and stories of
elaborate water drip systems, vacation hell (or no
vacations at all),
thefts, losses from all directions, gardens,
garages, and porches brimming
with bonsai, and a lump forms in my throat. Will I
get to the point where I
have to prune and wire my collection and think
"well, there goes the week!"
Is there anything I can do to escape this?

What did you start with and at what rate did you
acquire new material? How
many do you have now? If I get the bonsai bug bad,
is there a 12-step
program to help me or am I doomed?

Kevin
+++
A path is made by walking. - Chuang Tsu

++++Sponsored, in part, by Mike
Page++++

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:

http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail
+++++

=====
****
"Expectations are resentments under construction."

Anne Lamott