Old 05-02-2005, 08:25 PM
Frogleg

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 16:12:47 -0500, "James" wrote:

I have been thinking of building (or buying) a garden shed with windows on
one side. The ones that I have seen pics of have a steep front roof with
long windows extending from near the top to near the bottom. It looks ideal
for starting seedlings early, extending plants past the season and various
other things. Does anyone have any experience with such structures?

A shed with big windows is one step up from starting plants in a
"sunny window." With sun coming from 1 direction only part of the day,
the problems of 'legginess' in seedlings, and inadequate light for
'full sun' plants persist. This is what originally drove me to a
greenhouse. As another poster pointed out, you also need to consider
ventilation and temperature control, particularly for seedlings.

The shed you describe sounds ideal for storage with work area, but not
as a greenhouse substitute.