Old 05-02-2005, 11:15 PM
Katra

In article ,
"Joanne & Ned" wrote:

Should I use slug/snail bait or is there an alternative? The asparagus bed
is a few years established, but this is my first year here. I see spears
starting out - but then they get chewed off so I'm assuming slugs.

Joanne

Odd... I have an asparagus bed also, and I have slugs around here but
they've never gone after the asparagus! They've been after the young
pumpkin vines in my greenhouse tho'. I've just been going out at night
and squishing them.

But, I don't have very many of them right now. We drowned hundreds of
them last summer with pans of dark ale. ;-)

Most people here seem to swear by "sluggo", but you might want to go out
at night and verify what is getting them.

Good luck!

--
K.

Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

As we go through life thinking heavy thoughts, thought particles
tend to get caught between the ears causing truth decay- so be sure
to use mental floss twice a day.