Old 05-02-2005, 11:14 PM
Al

Newsgroups: rec.gardens.orchids
Subject: Seed viability
From: TheFool
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2005 19:12:45 GMT

It is absolutely amazing to me that the "X-Complaints-To:" field in your
header has been altered somehow. Golly you're good.

I would be very wary about buying orchid seed from this source. This method
of selling orchid seed is as odd as your header.

"TheFool" wrote in message
Hello, I'm interested in growing orchids from seed. I have never grown
orhids before but I have grown various mushrooms so I am very familiar
with
the sterile techniques required for this undertaking. My question is, how
long will orchid seeds remain viable after removed from the pod and
refrigerated? I have found a source for the seeds, for $40 I can get 25
different varities of orchid seed, but I have to start small (1 species at
a time) and I don't want the other seeds to go bad before I get a chance
work with them.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!