Old 06-02-2005, 10:21 AM
anton

"Keith Hampson" wrote in message
I am going to seed my lawn, is it possible to do it in stages, the grass

is
120 ft x 42 ft, I don't have the time to do it all in one go, I will use

all
the same seed for the all the lawn, and will I be left with different
shades, also at the minute it is covered in wild grass, will I be able to
just turn it over and seed over the top?

Preparation is the most important thing with a lawn. 'Just turning it over'
is likely to give you a very bumpy lawn, and some of the tussocks and wild
grasses are likely to come through. If you use the same seed but sow at
different times, the you needn't have any worries about the grass being a
different shade.

I'd suggest waiting until it's a bit warmer, glyphosating the existing
grass, waiting for it to die, then hiring a rotovator & roller and doing it
all in one. When rotovating, pick out as many tussocks and big stones as
you can.

--
Anton