Old 06-02-2005, 07:57 PM
peter.donovan

Default Broad Beans

Hi All,
I tried sowing The overwitering variety Broad Bean in my green house
transplanted the plants up my allotment using plastic sheeting with
holes which the plants were planted.These plants have gone a bit leggy
over the winter especially due to the high winds that we have had
recently.When at the allotment today I noticed that some of these beans
were in flower. I put some pea netting for support to make sure the
plants were not escaping the plastic they are about 2 foot high now
leggy as I said any advice as to what I should be aware of to look after
these very early bean should I use my tunnel cloches or will this
prevent pollination