Old 06-02-2005, 11:21 PM
Eric

James wrote:

It is best to water around 5 or 6 am, so that the sod can dry off during
the day.

How much water is needed depends on many factors, but in most places, you
need about 1 inch each week.

In general, it is better to have about 2 waterings a week to total that
one
inch, than to have a smaller amount of water 4 or 5 times a week. This
allows for deeper roots, as the soil is moist to a deeper depth.

It is also good to have a rain cut off switch, so that if is rains, your
sprinkler doesn't add too much uneeded water.

Hope these tips help...........

--James--

My system has Rain/Wind/temperature cutoffs.
I'm thinking of starting watering early (oh say at 3:30am), i have 8 zones,
5-6 heads per zone. By 6 am the Water pressure here is low so i dont want
to suck it down any further while people are getting up and showering.
I'll have to set out a tuna can and see how fast it fills.
Eric