Old 07-02-2005, 01:01 AM
Phisherman

On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 17:13:12 GMT, "Walter R."
wrote:

I live in Southern California. Our rainy season is in
January/February/March. That's it.

Since there was a forecast for rain next week, I put about 500 lbs of
fertilizer on shrubs and lawns. This is the granulated stuff, 21-15-8.

Now they cancelled the rain and there is no rain in sight for 3 weeks.

The fertilizer granules just sit there and slowly disintegrate.

Does granulated fertilizer become ineffective if it is not watered into the
soil for three weeks?

Five hundred pounds is a hell of lot of fertilizer! (Well, perhaps
not if you have 5+ acres.) Most fertilizer will just sit there
inactive, until it is watered in. The package directions will provide
better information than here.