Old 06-02-2005, 11:47 PM
Warwick

In article ,
says...
In article MPG.1c6651b8c2e3677698990c@dalai, Warwick
writes
Has anyone tried these deals?

Warwick

I can send some cuttings if you'd like. Ask Kay or Jill Bell, they'll
confirm it

I have spare ones that can do with a new home.

My conscience kicked in and pointed out that 70 odd plants of unknown
size and health of fairly easy to grow plants was probably not the best
deal in the world and that it would take a few years for it to fill out
anyway.

This evening, I sat down with my plant books, a pen, paper and a couple
of seed catalogues and worked out a border that is all mine and uses
some of the things I have in the other border for some extra boost this
year.

Free cuttings would help too though. Anything hardy and perennial. If
anyone fancies gettign a smoke bush cutting to me too...

I have a long list and shouldn't be too late to get much of it started
for a reasonable show this year.

Add into that, that when I buy seeds, I'll get 30-150 of each, I'd need
really bad germination rates to not triple the initial stock going in.

I'll get the bulk of what I want online and get myself round to the
local stables with lots of big bags.

For anyone in Leicester, the stables next door to the Blaby Manor have a
particularly well rotted heap that they let you take away for free.

Warwick