Old 07-02-2005, 02:28 AM
Richard Santink

Margolis wrote:
either make yourself a diy co2 system using 2 litre soda bottles with

yeast
and suger or get a pressurized co2 tank. What size aquarium?

I recently experimented with DIY CO2 reactors.. although I was pleased
with the numbers, it seemed to cloud my water a bit, and I noticed an odour.

I am reasonable sure that no sugar/water/yeast solution made its way
into my tank directly, but, are there any side effects of the yeast
method? Were the clouding and odour just symptomatic of something else?

I have since removed and discarded the contents of the reactors until I
can figure out what went wrong..

Any ideas?

Regards,

Richard