Old 07-02-2005, 12:37 PM
Margolis

"Richard Santink" wrote in message

I recently experimented with DIY CO2 reactors.. although I was pleased
with the numbers, it seemed to cloud my water a bit, and I noticed an

odour.

I am reasonable sure that no sugar/water/yeast solution made its way
into my tank directly, but, are there any side effects of the yeast
method? Were the clouding and odour just symptomatic of something else?

I have since removed and discarded the contents of the reactors until I
can figure out what went wrong..

I've never used the diy co2 method, so I can't comment on your problems.

I can say this though, diy co2 on a 125Gallon tank is pointless. It is only
good up to about 20 gallons or so.

--

Margolis
http://web.archive.org/web/200302152...qs/AGQ2FAQ.htm