Old 07-02-2005, 01:45 PM
Craig Cowing

On Feb 6, 2005, at 9:17 PM, KevinH wrote:
snip
"Normalizing" the addiction is what I'm afraid
of. Much as I plan to control acquisition of new material, my wish
list
stretches far... fukien tea, two finished _literati_ black pines,
olive,
ginkgo, a collected bald cypress, a banyan style ficus. And if I ever
move
to a cooler climate, God help me.

Most of the time it won't seem like a job, more like
something you just need to do. ;-)
Welcome aboard, Sport!

Thanks, Alan.

Kevin
***
A path is made by walking. - Chuang Tsu

Consider this--what I'm finding after a little over six years is that
it takes having a lot of trees in order to have a few good ones.
Others who have been in this longer might have some thoughts on this
too. This is just my experience thus far. I don't have a ratio, and I
would think it might be different for each person.

Part of this may come from the initial stages of the addiction of
picking up anything that looks halfway decent, then looking around
after a few years and realizing that you have half a yard full of
mediocre trees.

I'm also thinking that working on some trees helps me work on my better
trees. Maybe it's a matter of visualization. Don't know.

Just a few random thoughts.

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a Sunset 37

++++Sponsored, in part, by Mike Page++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++