Old 07-02-2005, 01:06 PM
Joel

Default dead fish

We had a few cold days here in the Toronto. Canada area a week or so ago
and despite my best efforts I could not keep a hole open on my covered
pond.

last week when it warmed up and went out and cut a hole in the ice and
shined a flashlight into the deep area and saw one of my large 14" koi dead
on the bottom.

Although I know some fish are alive, I saw a few 6" fish, there are others
I could not see, so this spring after the ice melts, I have some cleaning
up to do, I just don't know how many.

I had an airline running, but any moisture in the airline iced up and
blocked the air which is when my hole froze over.

Joel