Old 07-02-2005, 02:57 PM

Julio,

Contact Jim Rooni 512-451-2178 at the Texas Forest Service in
Austin and also the local Ag Extension agent Ronald Leps
512-943-3300(who happens to sit in the same building as the head of
Williamson County Road and Bridge) in addition to your county
commissioner (certified letters to the latter 2 work well). The county
did the same to us a couple of years ago. Did you notice they also
didn't seal any of the cuts they made? Nor did they sterilize their
equipment in between cuts.

Jim said the county was setting us back 100's of years in terms of oak
wilt by using the equipment and methods that they do. Ours was not the
first time they have been warned - if enough folks complain maybe we
can finally put a stop to this.

MKC

JulioF wrote:
Yesterday, a county work crew came down our small country road

unannounced
and began grinding off the overhanging trees.

So tell me - when can I expect to see the county back out here to

clean-up
the wood chips which are sitting in my front yard? The crew aimed

their
chipper exhaust directly at my property, and there's a mess out

there.
And when will they be back with a hydraulic bucket and have those

tree
limbs properly cut and sealed against infestation?

Or, is this simply another example of Texans being "Texans"?