Old 07-02-2005, 02:49 PM
steve

Ozdude wrote:
I too get a slight clouding when my mixtures are new and a thin white

skin
thing on some of the rubber and suckers in the tank. I've read about

this
white by-product on various how-to's and discussions about yeast

generator
systems. According to all of these things I've read, there is no

cause for
concern about the white stuff, it's apparently harmless and no-one

seems to
know what it actually is. I have my own theories that it's a form of

benign
bacteria from the carbonic acid, but apart from that I find the

slight
milkiness in the water goes after about 4 or 5 days, when the mixture

settles down into it's middle period.

Oz, I'm running a pressurized system and I get the same film on the
suction cups, so it's not just related to the yeast system. I think
you're right about the link to carbonic acid.

steve