Old 07-02-2005, 02:58 PM
Jim Lewis

On 7 Feb 2005 at 8:48, Craig Cowing wrote:

On Feb 7, 2005, at 8:38 AM, Steven Wachs wrote:

if you do a little research before purchasing, there are some nice
deals on
ebay. You can find any supplies you might need, as well as bonsai
trees and
pre bonsai.

SteveW

I've yet to see a decent bonsai on E-Bay. Mind you I don't look
very often.

SNIP

There is also a philosophical thing for me here. The professionals on
the list will appreciate this. Although I realize that some people who
do bonsai for a living at least part time will sell things on eBay they
are probably more hobbyists than anything else. I'm willing to be
corrected on this. It's just an impression. But buying items on eBay
means that the item is not being bought at a nursery instead. It's
foolish to decry how far it is to go to a good bonsai nursery, then buy
something online which will in turn make it less likely that bonsai
nurseries will thrive. Take some time and drive to a good nursery even
if you need to take some time to do it. It's a great experience.

There's another "philosophical" issue too: SUPPORT OUR
SPONSORS!

You'll find them all on the website (address below).

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Nature

++++Sponsored, in part, by Mike Page++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++