Old 08-02-2005, 12:14 AM
keith ;-\)

I subscribed,picked my books which were ones I wouldn't have purchased
myself because of the cost of them i.e. RHS plant encyclopaedia,RHS
encyclopaedia of gardening you know the ones.
So it was good value for money.I then purchased another four books over the
next year then cancelled my membership.They have some good books,but after a
while you find yourself struggling to pick a book and choose one because you
have already received your initial books you wanted.
I have no regrets doing it,and didn't have any bad experiences being a
member.
PS if I can remember rightly when you get the magazine to see if you want to
buy a book,there is a editors choice if you don't tick the box on the order
form that's says you DO NOT WANT it then they automatically send it to you.
If you do things right and keep on top of things you shouldn't have any
problems.

--
Thanks Keith,England,UK.
"CK" wrote in message
Hi All,

I had read those offers from "Gardeners' Book Society" from time to time.
The starting offer often looks attractive. However, I had heard another
famous book club with bad reputation, good starting offer but then not

much
interesting offer in the next 4 monthly magazines, which you are obligated
to buy at least one from each. I tried to look for people's reviews or
comments by surfing the Internet but only know that the Society also
publishes books. Anyone had been subscribed to it? Could I hear your
opinion? For example, the choices and discount of garden books after the
starting offer, the cost of p & p, customers services, book returning
policy, etc.

Looking for ward for any reply. (The free offer this time would be the
birthday present I have suggested to my love one)

With regards,
CK