Old 08-02-2005, 08:30 AM
gregpresley

actually, these grow in drainage ditches in the deep south, so I'm not
convinced that drainage is an issue
of course the soil there is sandy

wrote in message
They do well in sun, shade or partial sun/shade. Good drainage is always a
plus. Mine have always been in partial shade and do nicely. If planted in
full sun, I'd increase watering accordingly. My experience has been that

they
won't begin to grow until the soil really warms up so I'd wait until

summer
like weather in your area before planting them. I plant mine with about

two
inches of soil covering the top of the bulbs. I must confess that I've

never
fertilized my plants and they still are magnificent with leaves exceeding

36".
I can only imagine what a shot of fertilizer would do! Have fun with
them..they are a favorite of mine.

Road Runner wrote:

Hi,
I just bought two Elephant Ear bulbs, or big hunks at Walmart.
There was no information about how to grow them.
Could someone on this list please advise me as to whether or not they

like
full sun, partial sun, or shade? Do they like well drained soil or

very
moist soil? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks for any and all

answers.
Sandy