Old 08-02-2005, 11:40 AM
ccoath ccoath is offline
Registered User

Smile Looking for help in the study of garden sheds

Hello,
Im a student studying at Southampton University for a degree in Product Design and for my final project I am loooking into the design of garden sheds. My aim is to produce a new product that is styled to fit in with the modern garden design currently becoming popular.
To understand exactly what I need to incorporate into my design to create a successful product I was hoping some keen gardeners would take the time to fill out a questionairre for me. I would be truly greatfull and it would help a great deal.
Thankyou very much
Chris
P.s Il let u know what I come up with heehee

Questionnaire for Current Shed Owners and Users

Q1: How big is your garden or the garden that you use? (Rough approximation sq m)

Q2: What is the main function of the shed that you own or use in your garden?

General Storage
Summer House
Annex
Workshop
Bike Storage
Potting Shed
Other…………

Q3: What are the main objects/products that the structure is used to store if any?

Q4: Have you customised the structure since purchase by adding shelves, storage aids or work benches?

Q5: What are the customisations that have been made if any?

Q6: Would you say the styling of your garden is; Modern or Traditional?

Q7: Is your structure suitably styled to fit in with that of your garden?

Q8: How would you rate the access that your current shed offers when dealing with large objects such as garden furniture, lawnmowers etc?

1 2 3 4 5
Very Good Very Bad

Q9: Please describe the atmosphere within your shed in three words?

Thankyou very much for your time!