Old 08-02-2005, 10:58 AM
Paul D.Smith

"undergroundbob" wrote in
message ...

I think pigeons are getting smarter. We have one of those cylindrical
feeders and had to remove the perches because they were big enough for
them to grab on to. However, they persevered, with much frantic
flapping and holding on. I used the old 'two semi-circular hanging
baskets fastened together around the feeder' technique, making a
spherical cage around it which the little birds fly through no problem.

Bob

Bob,

Thanks for being the only responder to actually answer the question of
whether the small perches would mean the pigeons could not get a grip! Off
to buy a "sheilded" (aka squirrel proof) feeder.

Paul DS.