Old 08-02-2005, 01:56 PM
Billy M. Rhodes

Default [IBC] Animal fertilizer

In a message dated 2/8/2005 8:52:09 AM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

I use *pollina* that is chicken manure processed in small cylinders
and is organic fertilizer
Actually I have two guinea pigs at home and I was wondering as their
dejectons are solid and probably less acidic tnan poultry's if I
could use their * pebbles* as fertilzer ( very lzzle quantities of
course )

Since animal waste fertilizers must break down into their chemical parts
before being used by plants, they can actually draw nutrients from the soil as
they break down.
Usually animal waste partly composted before being used as fertilizer, thus
reducing the above mentioned problem.

Billy on the Florida Space Coast

++++Sponsored, in part, by Mike Page++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++