Old 08-02-2005, 05:33 PM
Billy M. Rhodes

In a message dated 2/8/2005 10:57:09 AM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

Ok as we use to do with horse manure that must be composted or
Mature as we say otherwise it burns
thanks

Chicken manure will burn, I don't know about other animals, but I have
used horse manure as it came from the barn, mixed with saw dust.
Many years ago I lived in Northern San Diego County, California. My father
was big into getting free fertilizer from the dairy and chicken farms in the San
Luis Rey Valley, which I got to spread after school.
We always mixed the chicken manure with the local adobe soil at about 1 to 1
ratio and it worked fine.
A neighbor got a load of chicken manure and spread it heavily on his lawn.
Killed every blade of grass and smelled of chicken manure every time it rained
for years. (Which in that climate, in those years, wasn't much. THANKFULLY)

Billy on the Florida Space Coast

++++Sponsored, in part, by Mike Page++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++