Old 08-02-2005, 05:20 PM
NOOK

You can try a one, two, or three stage filter thingy from Lowes or
Home depot. It still won't stop it all. It would be a bit cheaper
than a whole RO system but. The best thing is going to be RO.
You allready spent the money on a good mister, might as well protect
it with a good water supply.
Check out this new thing at: http://www.airwaterice.com/ look under
the Hydroponics tab. A whole unit in a can for 200 bucks.

dude
Does anyone know of a type of filter I could place on my hose bib that
feeds my JayBird 400 Fogger... that would reduce the amount of white
dust and residue (most likely from calcium, magnesium and other
dissolved solids).

I have a decent amount of water pressure. A simple flow test yields 10
gallons per minute... so I'd need a filter that can withstand that kind
of pressure when the hose bib is turned all the way on.

I really don't want to invest in an R/O system if at all possible.

Thanks,
Lori