Old 08-02-2005, 04:24 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

I just pulled back more of my cover to expose half my pond, looks like
both my koi are dead, fish can be stupic, you spully them with a deep end
and they freeze on a rock in the shallow end.

They frozen in the shallow end only because there wasn't enough O2 in the
deep end. If koi are rising off the bottom of a pond at all during winter,
there is something wrong with the bottom, rarely is it them.

I had the koi for 3 years, got them when they were 2 inches, now dead at
14 inches, oh well, I still have a bunch of smaller fish that survived,
maybe I'll stay will small fish and not go with koi again.

If I could find a heater for under $100 CDN, I would buy one, but have
yet to see any for under 175.00

Stock tank heater and air pump. www.aqua-mart.com or better, go to your
local feed & grain, ranch & home type store. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~