Old 08-02-2005, 06:23 PM
Bill Stock

"Joel" wrote in message
4...

[snip]

I just pulled back more of my cover to expose half my pond, looks like
both my koi are dead, fish can be stupic, you spully them with a deep end
and they freeze on a rock in the shallow end.

I had the koi for 3 years, got them when they were 2 inches, now dead at
14 inches, oh well, I still have a bunch of smaller fish that survived,
maybe I'll stay will small fish and not go with koi again.

If I could find a heater for under $100 CDN, I would buy one, but have
yet to see any for under 175.00

Joel

Hi Joel,

Sorry to hear about your Koi. I decided to check on my GF after your
experience, but I don't see any of the little buggers! They're either dead
at the bottom or hiding where I can't see them. I'll have to put some new
batteries in the flashlight and look after dusk.

This is what I use for my heater:
http://www.bigalsonline.ca/catalog/p...ory_id=3059But I built my own temperature sensor to control it, as the min temperaturesetting is 68°F. I haven't had any ice all winter and the heater is only 300watts. Of course it's all a little moot, if the buggers are belly up.