Old 08-02-2005, 05:23 PM
Martin Sykes

You could incorporate a metal detector into the lawnmower so it would cut
the power if you got too close to any metal ( the wire included) or I
suppose some sort of scarifier would lift the grass ready for cutting and as
a side effect would lift the cable up over the machine instead of under it.

--
Martin & Anna Sykes
( Remove x's when replying )

"hoods" wrote in message

Hello,

I'm a product designer doing some research for my degree.

I was wondering if anyone here has ever accidentally cut their
lanwmower, hedgetrimmer (and any other power tool) power cable by
accident. If so could you briefly just say what you had an accident
with, your posts will help me justify the design of a porduct to stop
this happening.

Thanks for your time

--
hoods