Old 08-02-2005, 05:51 PM
keith ;-\)

I've just looked on there site quite good prices but limited for choice I
thought,I think there were only about 10 gardening books.

--
Thanks Keith,England,UK.
"Sally Holmes" wrote in message
k...
CK wrote:
Hi All,

I had read those offers from "Gardeners' Book Society" from time to
time. The starting offer often looks attractive. However, I had
heard another famous book club with bad reputation, good starting
offer but then not much interesting offer in the next 4 monthly
magazines, which you are obligated to buy at least one from each.

The Book People (www.thebookpeople.co.uk) always have gardening books,

their
prices are amazing and postage is reasonable - free, if you buy enough.

Best
of all, they're not a book club in the sense that you have to buy certain
books.

I really don't know how they sell books so cheaply. They're not

remainders:
they're current books. I buy their 10-packs of fiction for holidays. At
£9.99, I don't care if five are rubbish and go straight to the charity

shop.

Current best buy seems to be six RHS Wisley handbooks (Hostas, Primroses

and
Auriculas, Cottage Garden Flowers, Irises, Hardy Geraniums and Lilies) for
£9.99. Publishers price is £47.94.

NAYY, I just love books.

--
Sally Holmes