Old 08-02-2005, 09:23 PM
ned

"hoods" wrote in message

Hello,

I'm a product designer doing some research for my degree.

I was wondering if anyone here has ever accidentally cut their
lanwmower, hedgetrimmer (and any other power tool) power cable by
accident. If so could you briefly just say what you had an accident
with, your posts will help me justify the design of a porduct to

stop
this happening.

I learned the art of controlling the mower power cable in wide open
spaces but have been caught out while doing the fiddly bits.
But, I have to say that the hedge trimmer cable gets shorter each
year. I usually have the cable slung over a shoulder but that doesn't
stop it getting caught up on the flat top of the hedge and getting
snagged on a return stroke.
I guess an auto reel in device would help but over a long distance
would produce quite a drag and consequent fatigue problem.
Good luck.

--
ned

http://www.bugsandweeds.co.uk