Old 08-02-2005, 11:55 PM
Mike Lyle

On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 22:22:30 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

On 8/2/05 22:10, in article
, "
wrote:

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 21:55:52 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

"Bennett Langdon" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm currently writing a novel in which the hero's wife is a

keen
gardener (probably a member of the RHS etc). Would anyone here

be
willing to give me advice as to what she might have in her

garden
(upper middle class, near Hampstead) and what she would be

doing
in it at different seasons?

It depends o whether she has a gardener and a potting shed or

not.

More seriously, would it not be better if you wrote a novel
involving activities about which you know something?

I think you have been trolled again. :-((

Do you? It's a perfectly viable character, even if that is the
case. Think 'Rosemary and Thyme' the recent detective series on

TV.

So recent it hasn't arrived here yet :-(((

My voices tell me this guy is genuine. After all, it's the hero's
wife, not the hero himself. She's presumably only a minor character
in the novel, or he'd have her character and behaviour a bit more
sussed. Often only too realistic, as well: "I don't know what to give
my wife for Christmas: after all, I've only been married to her for
twenty years."

Mike.