Old 09-02-2005, 06:01 AM
Newt Newt is offline
Registered User

Location: Maryland zone 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillandJeny
On 8 Feb 2005 17:14:36 -0800, "mmccaws" wrote:

Hi please to a gander at the links to help ID the broms. My daughter
wanted some, and there was a pot with these three in there. Could
anyone tell me how much light and H2O they need. Do i put them in the
greenhouse, which I just put up four months ago.

http://mmccaws.home.comcast.net/brom1.jpg
http://mmccaws.home.comcast.net/brom2.jpg
http://mmccaws.home.comcast.net/brom3.jpg

Thanks

Mike

They don't need to go in the greenhouse. They make very good house
plants, but will rot quickly from over watering. Make sure they dry
out well between waterings. Bright light is good don't really need to
be in a window but it would be nice to be close to one. If they are
placed in a more shaded room be aware they won't take up the water as
fast.

zhan

Hi Mike,
Great advice from Zahn. This site should be helpful as well.
http://www.heirloomgardenexperts.com...bromeliads.htm

You might ask these folks for an id, but they look like ginger to me.
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/b...h-ind.cgi?n=30

Newt
When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.