Old 09-02-2005, 08:05 AM
Theo

Pauline Muth wrote:

interesting Theo
Up here in the northeast, this is the ideal time to cut serrisa back (
remembering we are growing indoors for serissa now). As the day lengthens,
as long as you give the plant plenty of light, they bud out and grow at a
terrific rate.
Pauline Muth ZONE 4

HI
yes pretty cold
mine just thawed from the bucket of ice they become under -6°Celsious
zone 7

I have 7 cuttings during 2 years this is the second winther they spend
outside and are growing well
the last 2 I put in theh soil on the 18th of jan last , cuttings of 3
" lenght and very thin,
one with yellow and green panachés leaves is fine ,another one with
very long and thin leaves had all leaves dried out by frost , yesterday
I cut them all and noticed that in the leaves pit a bud is coming out

serissa is a certainly intriguing plant a friend in Milano took his
inside
and suddenly started loosing all leaves turning black the tips

on a french book is well specified that the Serissa need a++ winther
rest..++. we know that she can withstand -6 Celsious until + 12
during the winther above she starts giving sign of stress loosing
leaves blackening or withering of tips and so on

MSN messanger / or ICQ 25 666 169 4
Private Mail :