Old 09-02-2005, 04:02 AM
Janet

Joel, I had to buy a new stock tank deicer this year. Headed to TSC and
picked one up for $29.99. It keeps my pond open all winter here in Niagara
Falls. I go out each and every day and I get to enjoy the fish right through
the winter. It's thermostatically controlled to only kick in when the water
is below 40 degrees, it's not recommened to put them on a timer. We ran
several of them for years, to actually keep stock tanks open for a herd of
cows. They really don't use any more electricity than my pump. )
Janet in foggy, raining Niagara Falls,ON

--

"Joel" wrote in message
5...
"Bill Stock" wrote in
:

http://www.bigalsonline.ca/catalog/p...=22415;categor
y_id=3059But

So your just using a stock tank heater for your pond ?

Joel.