Old 09-02-2005, 09:07 AM
Anil Kaushik

Excreta of HERBEVOROUS animals is good manure provided it is well rotted.
Cow and Buffalo dung manure is very popular in Indian sub-continent and used
extensively to enrich the soil with macro and micro elements. It is used
more as a buffer to improve the texture and quality of the soil, than as a
fertilizer. But if it is not well rotted, it can be equally bad. While it
rots, it releases toxins which can be extremely harmful to the roots.

Anil Kaushik
Bonsai Club (India)
Chandigarh "The City Beautiful"