Old 09-02-2005, 03:43 AM
Ray

Gene,

I'm confused.

If the water supply was the source of the white deposits in the past, and
the water supply has not changed, how can a change in the humidifier affect
the deposits?

I guess that if the new humidifier produces a finer fog, it evaporates
quicker - in the air rather than on the leaves - it might give the
impression that the deposits are reduced, but unless the water chemistry has
changed....

"Gene Schurg" wrote in message
ink.net...
While traveling last fall in California I stopped by Fordyce Orchids.
There
I saw a FogAmerica humidifier doing a great job in their greenhouse. I've
been using it now for about 3 months. I use regular county tap water and
have it on a humistat.

I no longer get the white residue on the plants like I did with the
hermidifier I used previously.

I recommend it!

Good Growing,
Gene

wrote in message
oups.com...
Does anyone know of a type of filter I could place on my hose bib that
feeds my JayBird 400 Fogger... that would reduce the amount of white
dust and residue (most likely from calcium, magnesium and other
dissolved solids).

I have a decent amount of water pressure. A simple flow test yields 10
gallons per minute... so I'd need a filter that can withstand that kind
of pressure when the hose bib is turned all the way on.

I really don't want to invest in an R/O system if at all possible.

Thanks,
Lori