Old 09-02-2005, 03:40 AM
Ray

Multiwall polycarbonate - the thicker the better.

"mmccaws" wrote in message
oups.com...
Well, my wife concedes that I've already outgrown my gh. Due to that
we live in a city where our neighbor's house is too close, I'm going to
have to build a shed like greenhouse. You know -- where the solid
walls are facing the neighbors and an SE wall and roof will be glazed.
As I was evaluating insulation qualities of commercially available
hobby ghs, I found them lacking in the ability to retain heat, typical
walls had an R factor of less than 5. I was wondering what folks did
to keep from heating the great outdoors while trying to get the most of
the winter sunshine and money in their pocker or least saved for the
next orchid. So I'd like to hear what folks do to better insulate
those glazed surfaces.

Thanks
Mike

PS: Has anyone built their glazed walls with double paned windows?
It's probably only 2 has expensive for about the same or better R value
and it comes already framed. Any ideas there ???????????