Old 09-02-2005, 11:07 AM
Colin McCulloch

Many thanks for the replies. I built my first greenhouse - circa 1973 - from
wood and glass, but eventually a gale got that one. Now, I am getting a bit
old and arthritiky, so I am after the easy option. Sure, Charlie, I'd love a
huge greenhouse, but space does not permit! One last thing - the website
recommended by Don (http://www.onlinegreenhouses.co.uk/navigation.htm )
reckons that applying silicone sealant to W clips and a few other points
reduces the chance of wind damage.

Thanks again for taking the time
Rake

"Rake" wrote in message
After the gales trashed my greenhouse, the insurance company has given me
£550 to spend on a new 8X6 one. Anybody care to make recommendations. B&Q
( http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/catego...?CATID=8050139 ) have

nice looking one with curved perspex eaves, which might (?) make it less
susceptible to wind. However the only greenhouse in the local B&Q

warehouse
looks a bit flimsy - you can move the end wall in and out with fingertip
pressure.
Any advice will be very welcome

Rake