Old 09-02-2005, 01:20 PM
Kay

In article , Franz Heymann
writes

"GeeBee" wrote in message
The Mistle thrushes are back......
they were in the garden feeding this morning.

We cannot yet put it in the plural, but we saw one in the back garden
this morning. And it really was a mistle thrush, not a song thrush.

Song thrush populations have been declining over recent years, whereas
ISTR mistle thrushes populations hve remained stable. We have two mistle
thrushes who are frequent visitors (they have just stripped my best
holly) but it's a long while since I saw a song thrush in the garden.
--
Kay