Old 09-02-2005, 02:16 PM
spiral_72

Thanks a bunch for the links. One of the tubes recommended was made by
GE. The specs a
48" T8 32W 5100K 86CRI and ~2600 lumens after the initial aging

I found one of these tubes at Grainger Industrial Supply down the road
and for $9.43 it was mine. The tube seems incredibly bright with a
slight blue-ish very "clean" light. I love the way it lights the neons.
WOW! All colors in the tank are more vivid. I am going to replace the
shop lights with the GE's money permitting. It's too early to tell what
if anything it did for my plant growth/algae problem (obviously), but
time will tell.

my aquarium page, info and pics at:
www.geocities.com/spiral_72/Spirals_page.html