Old 09-02-2005, 05:16 PM
Kira Dirlik

Default Wall-o-waters & plant problem

Hello Folks,
I thought I might try planting some tomatos early this year using
wall-o-waters. What would be the earliest I should risk planting
tomatos in the garden using these?
I still suffer my "mystery killer" (that some of you may remember
me posting about long ago), and I'm hoping to get more than one large
tomato per plant prior to this hitting. I'm going to try the early
start method. (I have a volunteer from which I keep seeds year to
year, large cherry tomato that is somewhat resistant.)
the "mystery killer", it is not wilt (though all but that one
variety seems to get that), since it turns the leaves kind of black
and/or speckled, but when fall comes, the plant actually starts
sending out new leaves and branches with not enough time to produce
actual tomatoes. The ones with wilt are plain dead early in the
season.
The only plants that escape the MK are peppers, potatoes
(mostly), and basil. Also killed butterfly bushes, beans, mulberry
tree, blueberries (I think.... they just won't grow), and much much
more. I sure wish I could just identify this thing. MOST
discouraging.
Cheers,
Kira