Old 09-02-2005, 04:44 PM
Sacha

On 9/2/05 3:36 pm, in article
, "Phil L"
wrote:
snip
I have noticed a lot of snobbery in gardening circles in recent years but
any garden, no matter the size, shape or amount of money spent on it, has
the same effect on those who actually put the hours in doing it.
The Lord of the manor cannot 'feel' the same way as the bloke who actually
got his hands dirty when they both look out over the beds and lawns, the
Lord has merely issued a command, the working class made it happen.

I've always thought it was a great leveller. Everyone looks the same in
gardening clothes and the interests are the same, even if the tastes aren't.
My experience of people who are passionate about gardening and plants is
that there ARE no social barriers, except possibly from the sort of Mrs
Hampstead I was thinking of originally. And real gardeners garden, Lord or
not.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk