Old 09-02-2005, 10:26 PM
William Brown

I had a Mantis and it consistently had engine problems after the first
summer. After the repair costs far exceeded the purchase cost, I tossed
it and got a Honda, which has performed flawlessly for quite a while.

However, for uncultivated clay soil, either of these is too small and
would take forever to do any decent sized plot. I would suggest renting
a larger model for the initial tilling, and add enough humus or other
organic matter to get the soil in good shape. Once the soil is amended,
the smaller tiller is great for tilling, or even weeding and edging.

luriko wrote:

I am thinking of getting a mantis tiller. It seems a bit small to me
to do everything claimed. They look like they would work well in
cultivated soil, but I am not so sure how they would fare in clay or
uncultivated soil.
Anybody own one or have any advise?

Thx....

there.