Old 03-02-2005, 02:51 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

"stephen price" wrote in message
Our goldfish in our outside fairly large fishpond are dying around 2 per
day theres around 150 fish about 15 are very adult bout 6in long. they have
been fed continuously with pond sticks food up till three days ago and I
understand this has been a mistake as I have been told they shouldnt be
fed in the winter at all unless you use wheatgerm food.Ive been advised to
somehow remove the fish to a tank indoors heated and this will then
encourige the fish to digest the food.
Thanks in advance.
Steve B Price.

More than likely you've polluted the water with uneaten food. Perform water
tests. If you don't have them, do a water change of 25% using an Amquell
type product, EVEN if you do not have chloramines in your water. This will
detox any ammonia in the pond, that a water change could make worst if not
detoxed with an ammonia detoxing chemical. (Of course this is unnecessary
if you have water tests and can type up the numbers for us, we can give
better advice.) ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~