Old 03-02-2005, 09:48 AM
Pondnovice

Wow thanks a lot everyone, your info is really a big help, and what a
response! It looks like i have already made a few mistakes so far
according to some of you, but thats ok it wasnt anything too big.
For your information I have laid down river rocks on the bottom,
they look really good but now i'm worried about the detritis factor...
but on the other hand I have also bought some baby channel catfish and
they seem pretty happy searching the crevaces between the rocks for
goodies. If they dont end up being enough I may try the snail idea...
very innovative!
This weekend is going to be "pond weekend" for my roomates and I.
Our plan is to plant the reeds around the edges, buy some water plants
and create a cascade at one end of the pond. We plan to harness the jet
from my pump as a water supply for the cascade and build the falls out
of sandstone slabs.
I am also aware that the bass are going to be more work than some
of the pond standards such as goldfish etc. but this does not deter
me. I dont mind taking the extra care because they are the primary
reason for my pond. But anyway I'll keep you all updated on the pond's
progress and thanks again for all the help!