Old 09-02-2005, 08:23 PM
Mike Lyle

Broadback wrote:
Reading through various seed catalogues I notice a fair price
difference. For example Suttons are considerably dearer than

Dobies,
is there a difference in quality, ie is dearer cheaper?

I can't say that I've ever noticed any difference in performance; the
seeds often come from the same supplier, anyhow. I think the
difference may be more in the quantity you get and the elaborateness
of the packaging. What's really annoying with mail-order is when you
decide on a firm, and then discover that the other firm has just one
or two varieties the first firm hasn't got!

Does "Seeds by Size" still operate? He was always cheap, I think.

Mike.