Old 10-02-2005, 02:10 AM
Donna deMedicis

BillandJeny wrote:
On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 01:37:38 GMT, Donna deMedicis
wrote:

In a moment of weakness, I've bought a Tree Rose from Jackson & Perkins
- Princess of Wales Hybrid Tea 36" Tree Rose, and a ground cover rose to
go at the base of the planter -- Baby Blanket Garden Ease.

I was weak.

I've never grown roses, and I've had trouble finding details about care
& feeding of Tree Roses online. I've got the following questions;

* Soil -- Can I use my regular 1/3 Canadian peat moss, 1/3
vermiculite, 1/3 perlite?
* Planter -- Plastic, wood, ceramic or clay?
* Should I be spraying for bugs, mildew, etc. BEFORE I see symptoms,
pro-actively?
* J&P will deliver at any time. I've selected 04-15-05, a date I
pulled out of my, em, ear. What time should she go into her planter and
into the front yard? I'm USDA Zone 8 (midlands South Carolina).

Many thanks!

Donna

Where are these roses being grown? What zone? And what is the base
soil?

zhan

She (all my plants are girls) will be grown in a planter in my front
yard. 6+ hours of sun a day. Zone 8. Base soil? Um, it's a planter

Donna