Old 10-02-2005, 01:57 PM
Rusty Mase

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 13:40:54 GMT, escape
wrote:

Rusty, I found a muffler shop and he welded it. The second I put it in the
ground it broke. Now, is it possible the properties of the stainless steel
won't allow for a weld? It was as if it was a cold joint. I would love to have
it welded, and I already did have it welded.

Well, that is not a good sign, is it V.! There are differences in
welding stainless but I suspect the muffler person knew how to do
that. You might check the yellow pages for a nearby metal fabrication
shop that advertises welding stainless and go ask them. But paying
for something twice is not really a good idea.

Maybe time for a new garden fork and get a breaker bar when you do to
use on roots and rocks. I bought a 25 pound bar and it can move the
World (with the right fulcrum). I kept bending the tines on my fork
prying rocks and the tines failed due to metal fatigue.

Rusty Mase